There are many reasons why themed parties are the best parties. Not only is it fun to pick out and execute a theme, but it also conveniently narrows your clothing options for those that take forever to pick out an outfit. They also provide a conversation starter or activity with anyone at the event, so even if you do end up looking ridiculous, at least you’re not the only one!
So, to make sure you’re ready for ANY theme in the book, here are a few staples to keep around and have because they’re simple, versatile, and extremely useful:
- Camouflage anything: even a bandanna works, because if you have to be a GI Joe or a hunter, or you have to go paintballing, you’re set.
- Leis: Simple yet necessary. Now you’re set for Hawaiian and Luaus, or you can wear them around your head for hippies and decades parties. Or maybe even toga…
- Tiara: perfect for so many reasons. You can be a princess, ballerina, etc and it keeps your hair out of your eyes and is a great accessory.
- Cape: because it’s fun being a superhero!
- Tutu: these you can wear for basically anything. Fairies, ballerina, princess, yoloswag/what are you wearing, superheros, you name it! So easy. And you can even wear it on Bid Day =)
- Denim: you’ll be all set for jartys or awkward family photo parties.
- Sunglasses: good for Hawaiian, Risky Business, or anything under the sun! Pop the lenses out and tuck in a shirt and you’re a stereotypical nerd too.
- Halo: perfect for Heaven and Hell or White Out!
- Animal Print: needless to say, it’s important.
- Flannel: good for being lumberjacks, fall fest, or even just comfortable!
But even if you’re missing something, chances are there is always something in your closet (or a sister’s!) that will work!