Whether you want to believe it or not, the most wonderful time of year is just around the corner. The holidays are filled with extended family who forget your name, couples who spam social media to earn the honor of being the cutest couple, and the peak of “cuffing season.”
Okay… well I don’t know about you, but nothing about that sounded so wonderful to me. Then again, it’s not looking too promising that I’ll be kissing anyone under the mistletoe besides my dog this year, (and that’s pushing it.) So for all you single ladies out there, here are 14 reasons why being single over the holidays actually rocks… and to help you shut up your nagging relatives.
- You don’t have to pretend you like anyone in their family you really can’t stand
- All the money you would have spent on their presents can go right to the alcohol and sweets you’ll be indulging in.
- Just think about all the clothes you can buy instead of waiting in line for 3 hours to take a kissing picture in front of that big tree in New York City.
- Talking about kissing… you can actually kiss your best friend on New Year’s Eve because… duh, they’re your actual soul mate and also happen to be ridin’ solo.
- Your favorite desserts that would have eaten by your significant other have your name written all over them.
- You can focus on seeing and catching up with your family that you swore you’d talk to on the phone but “forgot.” every Sunday.
- You can actually watch Netflix and actually chill at the same time without any distractions… cue Love Actually on repeat, please.
- You’re in charge of every small detail, color scheme, and overall aesthetic for your beloved ginger bread house.
- You don’t have to introduce them to the crazy Aunt every family swears they have.
- It’s OK if you gain a few pounds because… well, it should be OK no matter what and who you’re dating so gain those pounds, ladies!
- If you need a break from socializing you can stay home, be a hermit for the night, and no questions will be asked.
- You don’t have to worry about all the possible things their family says about the outfit you’re wearing.
- There’s more room for your dog on the couch.
- If Justin Beiber shows up on your doorstep singing the acoustic version of “Sorry,” you can run off together and not think twice about it.