So this article may be completely biased seeing as I’m the house manager in my chapter… and I actually love living with forty-five (yes, 45!) other girls from my chapter! That does not mean that I won’t make good points though, especially since a lot of other people have made similar statements to what I’m about to say.
- It’s basically living in an apartment, but without having real responsibility. You will definitely feel like you’re living in your own home without having to cook and clean for yourself every day.
- If there ever is a chapter event, you most likely will have to walk down a maximum of 3 flights of stairs to get there. You have no idea how nice it is to get up 30 minutes later than everyone else to get ready for recruitment because you live in the venue.
- You will always have your family around you whether you are having the best day of your life or the worst, so there’s a sister to scream with over getting asked on a date or a shoulder to cry on when you get a bad grade.
- You never have to worry about having a wardrobe crisis because your clothing options get 10x bigger in a house filled with sisters.
- There will always be another person that wants to do what you want to do, whether it’s grabbing Starbucks or getting some much needed puppy therapy.
- The amount that you grow as a person by just living in your house is incredible because you are constantly surrounded by people that have different values and beliefs! You have to learn to respect and embrace those differences.
- You will always be surrounded by a family that loves you!