There are certain things that every great sorority woman absolutely must own, and today I am rounding up the top 10 items that should be in every great Greek woman’s possession.
1. Weekender Bag: Life should be full of adventure, so it is absolutely critical that you have a bag all set to whisk away with you on a mini vaca to the shore, the city, or the lake. Bonus points if you keep an extra makeup bag in it fully stocked for those spontaneous cases of wanderlust.
2. North Face Fleece: If you’re living in the south, this might be the heaviest jacket you’ll ever need. And if you’re living in the north, this will undoubtedly debut time and time again whether it be during the fall powderpuff tournament, over your barely-there Halloween costume or underneath your favorite down vest. The versatility of this beauty is well worth the price and you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
3. Nike Sneakers: I guess they don’t have to be Nike, but still… Athletic sneakers are important as they are the key to getting in on some intramural action! What better way to support your Chapter than to compete in some friendly intramural games on your sorority’s behalf? Plus, gym dates with Sisters are a great way to bond and stay fit!
4. Lilly Love: Owning a piece of Lilly is like having a bouquet that never dies. The bright, cheery colors will always bring happiness to a dull day and the dresses are cut to perfectly complement every woman’s body. And, if you’re lucky enough to have a sorority print, the Lilly Pulitzer sorority collection is another unique and stylish way to blend our love for your sorority with your love for fashion.
5. Monogram: Monogramming can be traced back in history to the time of Greek and Roman rulers and were seen throughout history after that, acting as signatures for artists or rulers on anything from coins to paintings. Now monograms are a fashion staple and act as a personal signature for each individual’s unique style. Monograms in sorority world are not only functional since they help tell everyone’s things apart, but they are also timeless and can be seen casually hanging on necklaces or dangling on chairs off of bracelets.
6. Pearls: You don’t need to know who Audrey Hepburn is to know that a pearl necklace is the classiest accessory that any woman can pair with her outfit. If you aren’t much of a necklace gal, pearl earrings are the perfect neutral earring that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Of course, it’s even better if your pearls have been passed down from your mother or grandmother.
7. Sperry Boat Shoes: I don’t know how I survived before owning my first pair of boat shoes. I love to wear them with wool socks in the winter and with everything in the summer. Paired with cuffed jeans, a polo oxford and pearls there is no way you can go wrong. If you don’t own some, you should really consider giving them a try. Your feet will thank you.
8. Elastic Hair Ties: Sorority women are some of the most intelligent and driven women and sometimes in order to think better we need to clear our minds and throw up our hair. Elastic hair ties give you the freedom of flexibility when it comes to you hair style and promise not to add that dreaded bump to your hair that regular hair ties cause.
Fun Fact: In my family, we call hair ties “hair pretties” and I like the way it sounds better than just “hair tie.”
9. Starbucks Gold Card: Starbucks has a drink for everyone! Maybe you’re a true coffee lover so you lean towards the blonde roast or perhaps you enjoy your sweets more and find solace in a caramel frappuccino. Or it could be that you revel in the crisp taste of the passion tea. Regardless of your preference, Starbucks feels like a second home to a lot of sorority women, especially the Tri Sigma ladies at Drexel. If you haven’t earned your Gold Card, keep trying! You will enjoy fun perks like free drinks as well as other rewards and who wouldn’t want their own gold card with their name on it?!
10. Water Bottle: One of the best things you can do for your body is stay hydrated and between late nights of recruitment and mixers, sorority women often find it difficult to drink as much water as they should. Invest in a good water bottle that you can carry around campus with you and you will enjoy luscious hair, clear skin, and a perfectly pitched voice as a result of your excellent hydration!