Happy Independence Day! I’m sure you’re busy getting everything ready for your barbecue and family party. I’m always looking for a different way to add a festive piece to the party and this simple fruit platter will be the talk of your table. This quick and easy American flag, made with strawberries, blueberries and marshmallows (or bananas), will have your guests raving over its delicious taste, unique style, and patriotic feel.
First, gather your supplies
- 2 containers of strawberries
- 1 container of blueberries
- 1 bag of medium sized marshmallows
- Skewer sticks
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
1. Wash all strawberries and blueberries.
2. Proceed to cut off all of the tops of the strawberries and slice them in half vertically.
- Place 6 blue berries on six skewers and then place a marshmallow, strawberry, marshmallow, strawberry on the remaining blueberry filled sticks.
- To make the “stripes” of the flag, place a strawberry-marshmallow-strawberry-marshmallow until the stick is full. Following the same order, do this on your blueberry sticks, too. Make sure the marshmallows line up to create the white horizontal stripe below the blueberries.
Three simple ingredients and a refreshing treat for your guests. I hope you enjoy! Happy 4th!