“What do you do in your spare time?”
Let’s start with my biggest hobby… couponing! I started back in June and have saved so much money, but on the downside - I have spent money on things I don’t really need. It’s addicting, so use with caution.
1. Start with a binder, a pocket polio folder, calculator, scissors, pen, newspapers, phone, and a coupon bag. A coupon bag is helpful - it’ll be easier on you if you can just leave everything in one spot.
2. Get your newspapers. There are various ways you can go about this! I buy mine from The Dollar Tree every Sunday because they’re $1 as opposed to the usual $3. You can try sweet talk your mail delivery man (or mail sorter). I left mine a treat with a note asking her to leave extra coupon inserts (if available). She complied!
3. Once you have the coupons, (assuming you have duplicates) take out each page separately from the same insert, layer them, and them out at once. This saves time. Make like an assembly line, pile them up and clip them together for organizations purposes. You can sort them here but I choose to sort them once they make it into the binder.
4. The Binder. Say hello to your coupon bible. I’ve separated mine into 12 categories as follows:
Some people sort them according to the aisles or departments of the stores they’re most likely to visit, or they separate them by ad/insert date. Figure out which method is better for you.
5. Buy these sweet baseball card plastic covers to keep coupons organized in their categories. These are like $10 at Hobby Lobby, buttttt there’s a coupon online for like 50% off. USE IT.
6. Look how freaking fancy you look with this super “fetch” binder. People in Target ALWAYS comment on how organized I am. I feel like a mini celebrity… me and my binder.
7. Bring your handy-dandy pocket accordion folio thingy. Put coupons you know you’re going to use (yes, you should preplan your shopping trips - try [www.passionforsavings.com in here for easy access at the register.
8. Make sure you have your calculator for last minute math (unless you’re a wiz!), a pen to write own mental notes or your list, and scissors in case you need to clip MORE coupons!
9. Make it rain with coupons… because you’re about to be rich in $AVING$!
APPS YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD: