I grew up watching the classic Disney princess movies. (I’m talking the original 6 classic princess-y princesses; Ariel, Jasmine, Belle, Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.) The evil queen in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves scared me, I thought I was actually Belle and I wanted to become a mermaid so that Ariel and I could become best friends. While these movies gave my upbringing a rose-tinted glow, they also set me up for some disappointments later in life.
- Your hair always looks good. Always. Doesn’t matter if you just ran through a dark forest full of scary tress, or spend your days scrubbing your step-mother’s floors, your hair always looks fabulous.
- There’s always a conveniently placed prince to save you from complete and utter disaster.
- Animals love you. Seriously, you can just walk up to any sort of woodland creature and it won’t even shy away from you. In fact it might even sew you a dress or steal you an apple.
- You always sing in key. And trust me, you sing frequently. Even more remarkable is that everyone around you always knows the words to sing along…and they do. In perfect, 4-part harmony.
- Someone is always after you- whether it’s to marry you, steal your throne or do away with you because a talking wall decoration says you’re the fairest of them all.
- One word: expectations. There’s a lot of them when you’re a princess. Especially a Disney princess.
- Unless you live somewhere in Arabia, you’re pretty much always going to be in a dress. That’s just the way it is, girls.
- If you are a Disney princess you obviously have a perfect body (comes with the territory) and so you will obviously have to have all your dresses custom-made to fit you.