Dear Little One,
So technically you’re not my little yet, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not already obsessed with you. I love you already, more than you know. I have a Pinterest board dedicated to you, I think about you all the time, and I am so excited to finally meet you!! Maybe I’ll meet you at the gym, through a friend, or at the activities fair. Maybe I won’t meet you until Bid Day or during Big-Little Speed Dating. Regardless, you’ll come into my life eventually, and I have faith that I will just know the minute I meet you that you are mine. And I am so beyond excited for that day to come, you have no idea. I have dreamed about having a little since I got my perfect Pomelo family back in February. But I wanted to make sure that I put into writing some of the things I will promise to you. So here it goes.
- I promise to love you, no matter what. There will never be anything you could do that would make me not love you and I need you to always remember that.
- I promise to always be your shoulder to cry on and your person to cry with. Whether it is over grades, boys, or life in general, I promise to always be there to comfort you when you cry. And to binge eat ice cream and watch Nicholas Spark movies in order to make you feel better.
- I promise to craft for you until the end of time. This one won’t be too hard for me, since I love crafting and I love you. But I promise that the will be fabulous crafts - ones that make the other littles jealous :)
- I promise to study with you, even when it’s not what you want to do. I will sit with you for hours in the Learning Commons, chugging coffee and cramming for that test you have to take tomorrow.
- I promise to bring you your favorite foods when you feel sick. Even if that means I have to take your grandbigs car to the nearest Food Lion and raid the candy aisle. I’ll do it and I’ll do it happily. Anything to make my lit feel better.
- I promise to always answer my phone when you call or text or Facebook me. It doesn’t matter if it is 2pm or 2am - I will answer. On the same note, I promise that the door to my room will always be open, any time of day, so that you can come talk to me anytime you need. Or want.
- I promise to be obnoxious on social media, letting everyone know just how much I love you, how you are just the perfect Little, and how you are MINE. I will comment on every Instagram, post on your Facebook wall daily, and reply to all your tweets (sarcastically, of course).
- I promise to introduce you to the most amazing family ever. My family is incredible. We are like a little gang - we stick together and always have each other’s backs. They are my best friends and I can promise you that they will become yours as well.
- I promise to never judge you, no matter what. I will support you, give you advice, and be there for you through everything. There is literally nothing you could ever do to upset me to the point where I will judge you and not love you any more.
- I promise to be your mom, best friend, role model, and biggest support system, just like my big (your grandbig ahh) has always been for me.
- I promise to be the best Big I can possibly be. Through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. Literally. You’re stuck with me. Have fun :) Jk, I promise we will be the most unstoppable duo anyone has ever seen! I already know it.
I love you forever and ever and cannot wait to finally meet you!! You’re amazing, beautiful, and perfect just the way you are - never forget that little one!
Your future Biggie